[vtk-developers] Limit output of VTK wrappers

Andy Cedilnik andy.cedilnik at kitware.com
Thu Jan 6 11:23:44 EST 2005

Hi Ken,

In theory yes, but I don't think it is worth investing time to redesign
wrappers to take an extra argument. I guess we could change the build of
the wrappers by putting an #ifdef into the vtkParse.y. The main question
is do you care about the output? Do you rely on the output? The wrappers
do work exactly the same, so if you do not care about the output, then I
would say let's just leave it out.

The only time I find the output useful is when debugging and even then
rarely. Please if this is not the case for you (or anybody else), share
your thought.

Thank you.

       Andy

Moreland, Kenneth wrote:

>Could this also be a CMake option?
>

>>>To see the second output you can run make the following way:
>>>
>>>DEBUG=1 make
>>>

>>or
>>
>>   make DEBUG=1
>>
>>for more platforms.  I suggest we rename it to
>>VTK_WRAPPING_OUTPUT=1 to be a bit more specific and avoid the
>>namespace violation.
>>
>>-Brad

Andy Cedilnik
Kitware Inc.