[vtk-developers] Re: GUISupport directory ?

de Boer Ingo I.deBoer at polytec.de
Thu Feb 17 04:18:44 EST 2005

Hi,

I have made some new samples.
I was not able to attach them, because of the size. I have added
the new ones to the bug tracker, where I posted the other ones.

http://www.vtk.org/Bug/bug.php?op=show&bugid=649&pos=0

Clinton's attempt was correct. The vtkMFCWindow must be a child and
your own view cannot be derived from it.
When you compile these samples you'll notice everything works.
But... Here comes the tricky part: How do I catch a double
click in the CView ?? It is not possible the easy way.
We have the following situation: When we use the generic
window, it is a child of the view. This child does all the
catching stuff, the view does not get any double click
message. The generic window must send it back to its parent.
(I have not implemented that, waiting for the discussion)

Now, when you don't use the generic window but the view
directly (like the samples I posted in the bug tracker)
we can catch the double click in the view.
In my opinion, when we use the generic class there has to be
some modification, either to the generic class or in VTK ?
(I wasn't even able to catch the double click in the dialog
sample of the non-generic samples)
I think it is important to have this double click feature,
just like the printing feature.

I think all samples have advantages and disadvantages.

greets
  Ingo

---
Dr.-Ing. Ingo H. de Boer

Polytec GmbH
Polytec-Platz 1-7, 76337 Waldbronn, Germany
phone: ++49 7243 604 106
fax  : ++49 7243 604 255