[vtk-developers] GUISupport directory ?

Sebastien BARRE sebastien.barre at kitware.com
Wed Feb 2 16:07:14 EST 2005

Hi

I just saw a new top directory showing up in the VTK CVS tree, something
that does not happen too often, hence my curiosity.

It is named GUISupport.

I scratched my head and tried to remember when it was discussed, and
finally found a track somewhere lost in a "QVTKWidget update" (no chance I
had read that one).

- Is this a new GUI repo, or something targeted at a specific GUI project ?
(I'm asking here since mostly non-Kitware people were involved),
- So far I see only a QVTKWidget class at the top level, it starts with a
Q, so I'll make a very smart assumption that it is related to Qt... Maybe
GUISupport could be organized by GUIs, say Qt/, KDE/, wxWidget/, MFC/ ?
- How does it (or is it going to) relate to (or overlap with) the GUI
classes and support code already in Wrapping/Python (Qt too, Tk, wx),
Wrapping/Tcl, or even Examples/GUI (SampleMFC/, vtkMFC/ etc).

Thanks

--
Sebastien Barre