[vtk-developers] FYI: Parametric functions...

Michael Halle mhalle at bwh.harvard.edu
Tue Feb 1 12:17:40 EST 2005

On Feb 1, 2005, at 12:07 PM, Will Schroeder wrote:

> Yes Mike, I had noticed that the piecewise linear might fit into the
> parametric structure. I like your idea for filter kernels. I will keep
> this in mind as I move forward....we are just working flat out right
> now so it's hard to do it all!!

I understand -- sometimes it's helpful to roadmap
the direction you'd like to take, even if you don't
have time to completely implement it.

At a minimum, it would be very handy to have piecewise
linear functionality, even if the existing classes
didn't (yet) use it.  Linear interpolation's just a
really stiff spline, right?

Thanks again,

--Mike
mhalle @ bwh.harvard.edu