[vtk-developers] Borland link errs - last ditch effort

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Dec 23 09:20:53 EST 2005

dean.inglis at camris.ca wrote:
> //Remove all legacy code completely.
> VTK_LEGACY_REMOVE:BOOL=ON
[snip]
> Error E2321 c:\Builder\Sources\VTK\Common\vtkAbstractTransform.h 249:
> Declaration does not specify a tag or an identifier

This must be the first time anyone has tried building VTK with Borland
and VTK_LEGACY_REMOVE set to ON.  The implementation of removing legacy
code leaves stray semi-colons in the class declarations.  This is
allowed by C++, but it looks like Borland cannot handle it.  I'll update
the implementation of removing legacy code to leave a typedef
declaration with a dummy name in place to avoid the stray semicolon.

-Brad