[vtk-developers] Borland link errs : vtkHyperOctreeDualGridContourFilter

dean.inglis at camris.ca dean.inglis at camris.ca
Wed Dec 21 10:45:54 EST 2005

Hi,

Proximal and Superior (Borland C++ Builder 5.5)
experimental dashboards are failing at the link
stage for WidgetsCxxTests.exe

I think I have tracked the problem down to
vtkHyperOctreeDualGridContourFilter.cxx
lines 256 in method

void vtkHyperOctreeDualGridContourFilter::TraverseNeighborhoodRecursively(
  vtkHyperOctreeLightWeightCursor* neighborhood,
  unsigned short *xyzIds)

and line 582 in method

int vtkHyperOctreeDualGridContourFilter::RequestData(
  vtkInformation *vtkNotUsed(request),
  vtkInformationVector **inputVector,
  vtkInformationVector *outputVector)

wherein an array of helper objects is declared:

  vtkHyperOctreeLightWeightCursor newNeighborhood[8];

I'm not sure why this is happening or what the remedy is.
I've tried allocating/freeing the arrays by new/delete [] but no diff. Commenting out the use
of newNeighborhood in these methods enables the linker to proceed.

Also, it appears that

class vtkHyperOctreeIdSet // Pimpl idiom
{
public:
  vtkstd::set<vtkIdType> Set;
};

is not needed since it is never used in vtkHyperOctreeDualGridContourFilter.cxx

regards,
Dean