[vtk-developers] Text render problems with ATI Mobility Radeon 9700

Soeren Gebbert soeren.gebbert at inpro.de
Mon Dec 5 05:06:23 EST 2005

Dear developers,

since I have this new laptop with the ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 graphic
chip, the text messages
(especially these ones of the vtkScalarBarActor) on the vtkRenderWindow
seem to be rendered wrong.
You can not read the text correctly because it is rendered bad legible.
Especial when you move with an object over the text. I attached a
screenshot showing the problem.

When I turn off the hardware acceleration inside
the graphic driver all seem to be okay. But that can not be the solution
of my problem.
Can someone here help me out with my problem? Some hints what I can do
with the driver or from the vtk
point of view? I am using VTK 4.5-cvs from Juny and Qt 3.3.5 on Window
XP with service pack 2.

Thank you very much in advance and best regards,

Soeren