[vtk-developers] Pipeline usage in Examples and */Testing

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Tue Aug 30 16:57:46 EDT 2005

I've just committed a huge list of files (371) to change
a.SetInput(b.GetOutput()) style pipeline usage to the VTK 5.0 way:
a.SetInputConnection(b.GetOutputPort())...

We've done this for consistency and so that people learn "the right way"
from looking at our examples and test scripts.

If I have trampled on your elegant example code, or ruined your test
script because you were purposely using SetInput or GetOutput, I
apologize. :-) Please let me know if you spot anything amiss and I will
correct it. Especially in tcl or py scripts under Examples: those are
not tested on any dashboard that I know of.

Will Schroeder and I will be cleaning up after this checkin tomorrow if
there is any dashboard madness to be dealt with as a result of this change.

Dave