[vtk-developers] tcl wrapping suspicion

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Aug 24 17:04:07 EDT 2005

John Biddiscombe wrote:
> After a cvs update from vtk yesterday, my tcl wrapping of local modules
> is broken. - xxxTcl.cxx files are not being regenerated if they are
> removed from the build dir.

When was the last time you updated before yesterday?

> I'm up to my ears with other stuff, so I can't verify if vtkLocal/vtkMy
> tcl wrapping etc are working. I mention it just in case anyone can
> easily check if anything is broken. (project build ok if the tcl.cxx
> files are present already in the build dir). Probably it's just my local
> stuff that's broken, but with a release comiong soon, I thought I ought
> to mention it.

I did make a change recently to get the loaded commands for things like
VTK_WRAP_TCL2 to install properly.  Are you using vtkLocal pointing at a
VTK build tree or an install tree?

> (NB I see that vtk is now using vtk_wrap_tcl_3, but vtklocal etc are
> using vtk_wrap_tcl_2, perhaps vtkLocal etc need upgrading too?)

This looks like a good idea.  I'll check/update vtkLocal and vtkMy.

-Brad