[vtk-developers] vtk cvs and vfw.dll

Sebastien BARRE sebastien at barre.nom.fr
Wed Aug 17 13:19:36 EDT 2005

At 8/17/2005 07:09 PM, Luca Picello wrote:
>Well... I believe we should, for example when starting vtk.exe (for
>TCL) it halts with the red-messagebox-of-death complaining for
>VFW32.DLL. and the application terminates.

What is your OS ?

We can definitely put the new vtkAVIWriter class inside the
VTK_USE_VIDEO_FOR_WINDOWS conditional, but it's a neat class that was
requested in the past on the mailing list, and the default for that
var is OFF. Maybe we should have CMake detect if the DLL is preset
and set VTK_USE_VIDEO_FOR_WINDOWS accordingly, instead on relying on
the user to figure it out. I'm actually surprised that DLL is not on
the system by default...