[vtk-developers] VTK 5.0 Release status

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Fri Aug 12 12:07:44 EDT 2005

Prabhu,

2 action items for you...

This mostly looks good. The test requires rendering, use of the display
and access to VTKData, though, so in the CMakeLists file, the ADD_TEST
should be inside of an IF construct testing all of these variables, like
this:

IF (VTK_PYTHON_EXE AND VTK_USE_RENDERING AND VTK_DATA_ROOT AND
VTK_USE_DISPLAY)
ENDIF (VTK_PYTHON_EXE AND VTK_USE_RENDERING AND VTK_DATA_ROOT AND
VTK_USE_DISPLAY)

(1) I'll let you make the change since you have added the test.

(2) Also, in order to get it to execute, you'll need to uncomment the
SUBDIRS(Python) in the parent directory's Widgets/Testing/CMakeLists.txt
file... (Don't uncomment the SUBDIRS(Tcl) line, though... I'm
investigating why it's commented in the first place.)

After you configure and build, please try to execute the test by cd'ing
into your binary directory and doing "ctest -V -R
TestImagePlaneWidget-image". That way, you'll know that the test was
actually added given your CMakeLists file. (And that it does what you
expect on your system.)

Thanks,
David