[vtk-developers] VTK 5.0 deadline and Python GIL patch

Charl P. Botha cpbotha at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 05:21:51 EDT 2005

Hi there Sander and VTK-dev,

(If you receive this mail twice, my apologies.)

On 8/1/05, Sander Niemeijer <niemeijer at science-and-technology.nl> wrote:
> Is there a chance that a patch to solve the Python threading problem
> will be included in the upcoming 5.0 release (I couldn't find it in CVS
> yet)?
>
> See for a discussion:
> http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtk-developers/2005-July/003392.html

I'm going to apply your patch this week.  For Python < 2.3, everything
will remain exactly like it was.  For Python <= 2.3, your code will be
active.

c.p.botha ||at|| ewi.tudelft.nl - tu delft work-related email
cpbotha ||at|| cpbotha.net - everything else