[vtk-developers] Regarding python.

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu_r at users.sf.net
Mon Aug 1 02:06:06 EDT 2005

    Andrew> that during the compile of the test routines for Python it
    Andrew> used the path to the older installation in c:\Program
    Andrew> Files ... thereby causing dll conflicts namely with being
    Andrew> unable to find vtkCommon.dll. You can fix it by setting
    Andrew> the path to the directory where the vtk release is being
    Andrew> built. So there is some issue with paths and CMake that
    Andrew> should be looked at.

If the Tcl to Python converter scripts depend on an install of VTK in
order to run *and* need to run during or before the install, then we
have a bug.  If this is the case, these scripts should add the
necessary paths to sys.path in order to fix the problem and only use
the latest version.  This may be achieved by inserting (prepending)
the required paths rather than appending them.

    Andrew> Of course, because I haven't been sure about Python, I
    Andrew> have been randomly testing python. The following tests for
    Andrew> Python leak resources: Common\Testing\Python:
    Andrew> TestWeakref.py Graphics\Testing\Python:
    Andrew> TestTensorGlyph.py, TestTextureGlyph.py
    Andrew> \Examples\Annotation\Python: DispAllFonts.py

I am not sure these are really leaking.  Can you post the full leak
error?  TestWeakref.py should definitely not leak, it is too simple to
leak.

cheers,
prabhu