[vtk-developers] correct window visibility behavior?

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Thu Apr 7 18:06:58 EDT 2005

On Windows, if I do a SetWindowId() on a vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow, VTK
will not do a ShowWindow() to make the window visible.

On X11, with the same scenario, VTK does an XMapWindow() to set the
window visible.  If the window is top level, it actually shows up, or if
it has a parent and the parent window is visible, it shows up.

If one provides their own window, shouldn't they have compelete control
over its visibility?

I have a fix for the X11 side to make it behave like Windows.  I'll put
it in the bug tracker and check it in if there are no objections.

Thanks,
Clint