[vtk-developers] Re: Backface culling wireframe

John Biddiscombe biddisco at cscs.ch
Wed Apr 6 04:07:57 EDT 2005

A long time ago we (the list) had a discussion about backface culling
wireframe objects. Goodwin had a fix which I played with, but it caused
a speed drop on some rendering and as a result was never adopted.

Goodwin recently sent me a better fix, which only uses Line loops when
backface and wireframe are selected hence does not affect the speed of
any other rendering, it works very well and I've been using it for some
time with no problems and no failing tests.

Unless there are any objections I'm going to commit the fix.

(NB. Can't find Bug in tracker if it exists.)

JB

--
John Biddiscombe,                            email:biddisco @ cscs.ch
http://www.cscs.ch/about/BJohn.php