[vtk-developers] how to create a progressive mesh with vtkDec imatePro

Lorensen, William E (Research) lorensen at crd.ge.com
Thu Oct 14 09:10:44 EDT 2004

US5966133: Geomorphs and variable resolution control of progressive meshes
Inventor: Hoppe, Assignee: Microsoft
Issue Date: October, 1999
Method simplifying arbitrary initial mesh with several connected vertices -
involves performing edge collapse transformation on chosen edge to give
simpler mesh where pair of vertices connected by edge is replaced by
transformation with single vertex