[vtk-developers] vtkProcessObject: cannot disconnect inputs

Charl P. Botha cpbotha at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 09:04:41 EST 2004

Dear developers,

Looking at +- line 154 of vtkProcessObject.cxx in method SetNthInput
(CVS VTK), we find the following:

  else if(!input && num < this->GetNumberOfInputConnections(0)-1)
    {
    vtkErrorMacro("SetNthInput cannot set input index " << num
                  << " to NULL because there are "
                  << this->GetNumberOfInputConnections(0)
                  << " connections and NULL connections are not allowed.");
    }

I find this new behaviour a bit strange, because it prevents me from
arbitrarily disconnecting inputs from multi-input filters, for example
a vtkProbeFilter.  Is the idea really that all outputs should always
be disconnected from "back to front"?

Thanks,
Charl