[vtk-developers] More (fundamental) nastiness in vtkImageMultipleInputFilter

Charl P. Botha c.p.botha at ewi.tudelft.nl
Mon Mar 15 18:49:21 EST 2004

David Gobbi wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, Charl P. Botha wrote:
>

>>The fundamental problem with this is that the Inputs array is only valid
>>for an index < GetNumberOfInputs(), but that the child's implementation
>>of ThreadedExecute has no access to this call.  NumberOfInputs starts at
>>0 and grows as new inputs are added.
>

> Are you sure this is the case?  ThreadedExecute is a member function of
> the class, it therefore has 'this' and can do a call to
> this->GetNumberOfInputs() or it can simply look at this->NumberOfInputs.

Hi there David,

You are of course completely correct. :)  vtkImageMathematics is not
checking this correctly (hence the segfaults), but this should be easy
to fix.  Sorry for the false alarm...  my only excuse is that I've been
tracking down other empty/no input errors today and that it got a bit
late. :)

Thanks,
charl