[vtk-developers] Building relocatable libs

Chris Volpe cvolpe at ara.com
Fri Mar 5 20:20:58 EST 2004

I figure lots of people must have had a need to do this, so I'm sure
this is an easy question. I want to build VTK in a way that the result
can be placed on another machine, in an arbitrary location, and the user
of that machine will be able to run Wish script applications, As it
stands, the wrapping files in VTKBIN are full of absolute path names and
such, making it difficult to do a "package require vtk" unless you work
through all the absolute path names everywhere they exist and root them
all out. Is there a facility for doing this automatically?

Thanks,

Chris

--
Christopher R. Volpe, Ph.D.

Senior Scientist
Email: cvolpe at ara.com
Applied Research Associates, Inc.                                Voice:
919-582-3380
8540 Colonnade Center Dr., Ste 301
Fax: 919-878-3672
Raleigh, NC 27615