[vtk-developers] RFC: PATCH for exception handling in vtkWrapPython.c

Charl P. Botha c.p.botha at ewi.tudelft.nl
Tue Mar 2 05:26:03 EST 2004

Hello Ken,

On Mon, 2004-03-01 at 23:34, Ken Martin wrote:
> This has the advantage of addressing the problem for all wrapped languages
> and C++ as well without much bloat. What are the disadvantages of that
> approach?

I've implemented your idea and it seems to work very well.  Please see
the attached patch.  Thank you very much...  This is far less intrusive
than my crazy wrapping system efforts, so maybe we could apply this one.

If anybody else would like to comment on the attached patch, I would be
most grateful.  Once again, any advice on the cross-platform-ness of
std::exception would be most welcome.

BTW, somehow the PipelineModified mechanism in vtkImageImport doesn't
seem to work (it also didn't work before my changes).  With a pipeline
like this: VTK -> ITK -> VTK, disconnecting the first input and
reconnecting it doesn't modify the pipeline!  I.e., subsequent requests
for Update() aren't effective.

Thanks,
Charl