[vtk-developers] version conflict for package "vtkFilteringTCL": have 4.3, need 4.5

John Biddiscombe jbiddiscombe at skippingmouse.co.uk
Thu Jan 29 04:09:16 EST 2004

I have been having a lot of trouble with tcl scripts...but this dump is
interesting and possibly revealing

Main console display active (Tcl8.4.2 / Tk8.4.2)
(bin) 1 % puts $auto_path
D:/VTK/Wrapping/tcl D:/CMakebuild/vtkvs7/wrapping/tcl/release
D:/Code/RPD/Wrapping/vtkCustom D:/Code/RPD/Wrapping/vtkPropagation
{C:/Program Files/Tcl/lib/tcl8.4} {C:/Program Files/Tcl/lib} {C:/Program
Files/Tcl/lib/tk8.4} {}
(bin) 2 % package require vtk
version conflict for package "vtkFilteringTCL": have 4.3, need 4.5
can't find package vtkfiltering 4.5
can't find package vtk
(bin) 3 %

On my home machine where I recently did a complete wipe and rebuild, all is
fine. On this machine, which obviously has some old stuff on it, but has a
cvs update done yesterday, the pkgindex.tcl files or related somethings are
clearly not being updated correctly.

What is the correct way of ensuring that when you do a cvs update, yout tcl
bindings don't fail like this?

thank

JB