[vtk-developers] Const correctness for string methods

John Biddiscombe john.biddiscombe at mirada-solutions.com
Tue Jan 20 03:58:50 EST 2004

better as well.  At the moment, if a pipeline that ends in a
> VTK class
> is updated from Python (by Update()ing the VTK instance at
> the end) and
> ITK throws an exception somewhere earlier in the pipeline, that
> exception is not caught and the application unceremoniously
> terminates.

Absolutely. I was trying to convince people here to use vtk (+itk) for
some development the other day and the (java) app died in mid demo
because some obscure exception happened deep inside vtk. Normally I wrap
all render calls in try catch blocks when doing C++ development, but
with wrapped languages its less convenient.

JB