[vtk-developers] Removed windows.h from VTK headers.

John Biddiscombe (CSCS) biddisco at cscs.ch
Fri Dec 17 08:35:16 EST 2004

> This solution would not provide the compile time reduction for VTK and
> would still require changes to application code (and probably even
> more).  Any

Well I do mean that it is only included where windows is actually needed
(thus fast compiles). The fix you've made for speedier compilation is
great, but instead of defining lots of mapped versions of vtk functions,
simply undef the windows ones that cause trouble.  When a user finds his
code not working, he includes the redeffed include file and hey presto
it works again. How many people call GetClassname on a vtk object and
also the windows API in the same file?

JB