[vtk-developers] Off Topic : Spam in Kitware's public Wiki

John Biddiscombe (CSCS) biddisco at cscs.ch
Tue Dec 7 02:31:05 EST 2004

On the subject of Kitware Spam...
I get about 2 virus attachments every day. I have done for the last 3 or
4 months I suppose (maybe longer), they nearly always originate from
"Berk Geveci" at kitware, with a few from "Brad King". Of course I know
that they don't really. But the strange thing is that I never get any
from anywhere else. Just hundreds from these two sources. (and they are
quite regular, the sender never misses a day - a bit like a vtk
dashboard really - NB, they always go to my other older email address,
not this new one)

If you have any idea where these might be originating from and can do
anything about it, I'd be most grateful. I have no idea how to trace
these kind of things etc, but the idea that its a dashboard machine
that's infected haunts me)

Apologies for cc'ing vtk-developers, but I'm somehow certain that the
vtk lists are involved and I wonder if anyone else is also receiving
these mails.

JB

--
John Biddiscombe,                            email:biddisco @ cscs.ch