[vtk-developers] VTK with STLport

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Thu Dec 2 11:34:35 EST 2004

And we've used STL extensively as well...  I've seen compiler bugs, STL
implementation bugs, etc.. on various platforms when using STL.  We've
worked around them all except for one project.  For that one proeject,
we used STLport because of implementation bugs on VS 6.0 for which code
wouldn't compile and there was no workaround.  It was a hassle to use
STLport for that project, and in this case it forced the customers to
use STLport.  That project has been moved to VS .Net and now there are
no problems with STL's implementation for that library.

I stopped using STLport locally for some of the projects I was building,
but stopped using it when one of the recent releases configured in a
certain way didn't work with gcc.

I'd rather not have STLport be required in any application I build or in
VTK.

Clint