[vtk-developers] Error in gl2ps missing zlib.h in nightly VTK

Andy Cedilnik andy.cedilnik at kitware.com
Fri Apr 30 13:48:19 EDT 2004

Hi Matt,

The problem is that Bill's test assumes you are running Dart and it
tries to put files in location where Dart stores things. Since CTest
stores files differently than Dart, the test fails to write file there.

Another problem with this test is that it assumes it is the only source
of notes. So, that removes opportunity for any other test or anything to
add its own note.

I think test should be fixed to write file to some other location where
Dart (and CTest) would look for files. For example Testing/Notes.

CTest 2.0 (Part of CMake 2.0 which is soon to be released) collects all
files that appear in Testing/Notes and submits them as a note. This way
anybody (tests, dashboard maintainer...) can write files there without
worrying that notes will disappear or be overwritten.

			Andy