[vtk-developers] Distributed denial of service attack on public.kitware.com

Andy Cedilnik andy.cedilnik at kitware.com
Thu Apr 22 09:25:59 EDT 2004

Hi All,

Looks like somebody is trying to do a distributed denial of service
attack on our public website by requesting same non-existent pages over
and over. The IP's of computers resolve to *.googlebot.com and some
universities in Germany and Switzerland. The files they are trying to
access are index.php in some random directories.

I sent an e-mail to google.com asking them if they have any idea on what
is going on. I also placed the offensive IP's to the blocked IP's list
on the firewall, but since I did this today in the morning, most of
dashboards for tonight are gone.

If are a dashboard maintainer and you have opportunity to restart
nightly build, it would be great if you do it.

Thank you,

--
				Andy Cedilnik
				Kitware Inc.