[vtk-developers] Pay attention, grab a beer: VTK 5.0

Lorensen, William E (Research) lorensen at crd.ge.com
Fri Oct 31 13:48:54 EST 2003

My two cents after a quick read:

Cent 1: Backward compatibililty should be maintained, even the internal API
(if possible). In the past, we have been too cavalier about API changes.
This has tremendous impact in commercial applications. Here at GE, the
credibility of using vtk is also dangerously low because of API changes.
This is not only true in the GE businesses, but in our research labs.

Cent 2: We should revive the notion of an ARB.

I'll look deeper into the e-mail and have further comments later,

Bill