[vtk-developers] VTK ARB request: Adding a cache to PLOT3DReader

David Thompson dcthomp at sandia.gov
Mon Oct 27 17:29:24 EST 2003

Hi,

	I have a patch to the vtkPLOT3DReader I would like to check in; it adds
a cache of the point geometry and (if present) IBlank values in the mesh
.xyz file. That way, if you change the QFileName, the geometry is not
re-read. This is handy for animations. It does not change the interface
at all, just the behavior of the reader. A side effect of the patch is
that if the mesh file changes on disk, it will *not* get reloaded the
next time the QFileName is changed -- unlike the current reader.

	Are there any objections or comments before I check this in? Should I
e-mail the patch to the list first?

	Thanks,
	David