[vtk-developers] Re: [vtkusers] Unconnected filter(s) causing seg faults

Charl P. Botha c.p.botha at ewi.tudelft.nl
Thu Oct 16 16:11:50 EDT 2003

Berk Geveci wrote:
>   if (this->NumberOfInputs < this->NumberOfRequiredInputs)
>     {
>     vtkErrorMacro(<< "At least " << this->NumberOfRequiredInputs << "
> inputs are required but only " << this->NumberOfInputs << " are
> specified");
>     }
>   else

Berk,

Do I understand correctly that each filter should keep NumberOfInputs up
to date according to what happens during a SetInput()?  So, if
SetInput() is called with a non-null input on a single-input filter, it
should set NumberOfInputs to 1, and if SetInput() is called on that same
filter with null, then NumberOfInputs should be explicitly set to 0?

Thanks,
Charl