[vtk-developers] Python widgets grab focus on enter

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Sat Oct 11 08:28:42 EDT 2003

    DG> My advice is, switch the default behaviour to click-to-focus,
    DG> but leave the focus-under-mouse as an option.

    PR> Yes, that sounds like the best way to do it.  Is an option
    PR> called "focus_on_enter=0" to the constructor acceptable to
    PR> everyone?  If the value is 1 then focus-follows-mouse if its 0
    PR> (default) it will use click-to-focus?

I've changed the vtkTkRenderWidget, vtkTkRenderWindowInteractor and
the vtkTkImageViewerWidget as suggested.  I've tested them as best I
can under Linux and it seems OK but would appreciate if someone can
take a look or even see if its OK under Windows.

If no one complains in a while I'll change the wx and Gtk widgets in
similar fashion.  I'm not touching the Qt widget since I don't know
enough about pyQt anymore.

cheers,
prabhu