[vtk-developers] Pay attention, grab a beer: VTK 5.0

Jeff Lee jeff at cdnorthamerica.com
Tue Nov 4 07:28:43 EST 2003

Brad King wrote:

>On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, Jeff Lee wrote:
>

>>The changes closest to my heart would be data-driven pipeline execution,
>>vtkMesh, iterators.  I would like to see stl/vtkstl allowed in the api.
>>

>I doubt STL will be allowed in the API due to the limitations from Tcl
>wrapping.  This doesn't mean, however, that we cannot have an
>STL-compatible interface (like iterators).  Do you have a specific example
>from the current API that you would like to see use STL-style?

Not specifically, but I was thinking of this for multi-input filters,
and also for some reason I wasn't able to use stl in a private method of
a class.  I would think that there is an equivalent container in the
wrapper languages for each stl container - is that incorrect for tcl?
-Jeff

--
Jeff Lee
Senior Software Engineer