[vtk-developers] CMake

Robert Belleman robbel at science.uva.nl
Sat Nov 1 07:03:17 EST 2003

I find cmake's actions for VTK very puzzling...

Why is that cmake installs .so libraries *both* in
EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH *and* LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH/vtk (note the added
directory "vtk") and not just (and only) in LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH?

Why is that cmake installs include files in
CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX/include/vtk and not in
CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX/include?
(it's not that C++ programs use #include "vtk/vtkXXX.h",
just #include "vtkXXX.h")

Why is that cmake recompiles every single source file again when the
only thing I changed is an installation output path?

This is with cmake version 1.9.0 on linux.

-- Rob

--
[] Robert Belleman, PhD    X  Faculty of Science, Informatics Inst.    []
[] robbel at science.uva.nl  |X| University of Amsterdam, the Netherlands []