[vtk-developers] Can I add a vtk2xml.py to Utilities?

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Wed May 14 09:07:39 EDT 2003

    AC> Hi Prabhu, Why do you need optik? I think this script could be
    AC> completely written in vtk/python.

Sure it can.  It could also be written in pure Python without any VTK
dependencies. ;-D

Seriously, I find optik extremely convenient.  If folks feel that
expecting users to have optik installed is a pain I could easily move
(in this case) to using getopt (which is part of the standard
library).  In that case can the script go in Utilities?

thanks.
prabhu