[vtk-developers] reproducible vtkImagePlaneWidget(?) bug

Charl P. Botha c.p.botha at its.tudelft.nl
Fri May 9 20:20:26 EDT 2003

Dear list and especially Dean,

I have attached a short VTK Python script which bugs badly under Windows
(but not under Linux).  In short, if one connects something with an empty
output extent to a vtkImagePlaneWidget, the standard output window is
brought up with an error and the application subsequently hangs ("This
program is not responding" ) and the CPU usage of the process is stuck at
100%.  This is with current VTK CVS.

Uncomment:
#thresh.SetInput(v16.GetOutput())
to see the script functioning normally.

If anyone can offer any deeper insights, I would be much obliged.  I would
expect the application to continue running (as it does in Linux) after
having displayed the error messages.  However, it seems it gets stuck in a
busy loop in vtkHybrid.

Thanks,
Charl