[Fwd: [vtk-developers] Modification to vtkPythonUtil to support passing of void *callData]

Charl P. Botha c.p.botha at its.tudelft.nl
Sun Mar 23 12:18:33 EST 2003

On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 04:59:20PM -0500, David Gobbi wrote:
> I like the idea, but I don't really like the use of "string0" as a
> data type descriptor.  Maybe the use of a python 'type' object would
> be better, i.e. types.StringType would signify a string.  Also I

The reason why I chose "string0" is because it refers to the C++ type and
NOT the Python type.  The calldata could be a null-terminated string
("string0") or a C++ string ("string").  Both would however map to a Python
StringType, so it would seem that using a types.StringType is not the best
option.  Your thoughts?

> would prefer to see the 'callDataType' attribute capitalized, i.e.
> func.CallDataType.

No problem.

> I say go ahead and commit the change.

Thanks,