[vtk-developers] OnEnter -> SetFocus code in wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor.py

Charl P. Botha c.p.botha at its.tudelft.nl
Thu Mar 13 05:58:00 EST 2003

Dear list (and probably mostly Prabhu),

Is this SetFocus() code in the OnEnter event handler really necessary?

    def OnEnter(self,event):
        if self.__OldFocus == None:
            self.__OldFocus = wxWindow_FindFocus()
            self.SetFocus()
        self._Iren.SetEventInformationFlipY(event.GetX(), event.GetY(),
                                            event.ControlDown(),
					    event.ShiftDown(),
					    chr(0), 0, None)
        self._Iren.EnterEvent()

On Linux it doesn't do much, but under Windows (yes, I sometimes have to
port software) this forceful taking of focus is exceptionally
irritating!  Could we not remove this code?

Thanks,
Charl