[vtk-developers] vtkDataObject::DataHasBeenGenerated doesn't call this->Modified()

John Biddiscombe john.biddiscombe at mirada-solutions.com
Wed Mar 12 05:59:44 EST 2003

I'm not certain (writing from memory), but is it not the case that if a
filter "Updates", but actually doesn't need to because it's already
up-to-date, then there's no need to set Modified on the outputs. The outputs
will be "modified" if the filter execute method actually changes anything in
them.

ignore this if that part of the update loop is actually skipped for a filter
that's already up to date. I'm just pondering alound.

JB