[vtk-developers] Problems with DICOM reader

Andy Cedilnik andy.cedilnik at kitware.com
Tue Jun 10 13:43:56 EDT 2003

Hello,

Dicom reader is (still) not compatible with the rest of VTK.

Two problems:

1. It only works when ansi streams are on.

2. DICOMParser library does not follow static / shared flag of the rest
of VTK. That means it is always build static.

3. Indentation of files is wrong.

4. There is a prototype for class myvector in the header file of a vtk
class. It should really be vtkDICOMImageReaderVector the way it is used.

5. There are references to std namespace (std::string), which should be
vtkstd.

I think this should be fixed.

Maybe I should extend my header testing to include some of these
problems. Maybe we need a cxx testing, which will fail on these kind of
problems.

			Andy