[vtk-developers] Warnings in Dicom reader

Andy Cedilnik andy.cedilnik at kitware.com
Tue Jun 3 08:55:33 EDT 2003

Hi All, Matt,

I found this while looking through IO:

IF(VTK_USE_ANSI_STDLIB)
  SET(Kit_SRCS ${Kit_SRCS} vtkDICOMImageReader.cxx)
ENDIF(VTK_USE_ANSI_STDLIB)

VTK does not have any ANSI/non-ANSI specific classes, so I do not think
this way of conditionally building reader is acceptable. If the reader
does not build without ANSI streams, then it should be provided as a
separate project and should not be part of VTK.

That said, fixing C++ code to work with ANSI and without ANSI is not too
hard. If there is interest for having DICOM reader in VTK, somebody
should fix this.

			Andy