[vtk-developers] vtkGL2PSExporter: now with full text support!

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Mon Jun 2 14:57:35 EDT 2003

Hi folks,

I just checked in the code to handle text for vtkGL2PSExporter.  I
simply needed to add a few lines in vtkOpenGLFreeTypeTextMapper.cxx
(with appropriate ifdef guards of course) to handle text for gl2ps.
So text support works pretty much completely with support for Shadow,
Bold and Italic.  TeX output also works fine although shadow text
looks horrible.  I've attached a sample PostScript file, produced from
the example Testgl2ps.py code that I posted earlier, for your
enjoyment (its just 5 KB, don't worry!).

Please do test the class when you can and let me know if there is
something that needs fixing.  Also please let me know if I've done
something silly when checking in the changes.

The only thing left is the culling that Goodwin mentioned but I'll
leave that for later when Goodwin joins the party.

cheers,
prabhu