[vtk-developers] wglCreateContext error on Win XP

Dean Inglis dean.inglis at on.aibn.com
Tue Jul 15 13:43:24 EDT 2003

Hi,

I don't think this is a bug for the bug report so here goes.
I am building VTK (cvs-nightly) shared libs on a Win2k box (Proximal)
MinSizeRel, CMake 1.6.7, Borland C++, and then trying to run a
.cxx VTK app on a WinXP box.  Dll's and the exe are copied over to
the XP box.  On running the exe on XP I get a blank output
window and the following errors:

ERROR: In c:\Builder\Sources\VTK\Rendering\vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow.cxx,
line 734
vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow (115BA094): wglCreateContext failed in
CreateAWindow(), error: 1114

ERROR: In c:\Builder\Sources\VTK\Rendering\vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow.cxx,
line 734
vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow (115BA094): wglCreateContext failed in
CreateAWindow(), error: 0

ERROR: In c:\Builder\Sources\VTK\Rendering\vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow.cxx,
line 734
vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow (115BA094): wglCreateContext failed in
CreateAWindow(), error: 6

This does not occur if I copy the dll's and exe over to another Win 2k box.
Can anyone insight into causes/fixes?

Dean