[vtk-developers] Rework vtkVoidArray

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Wed Jul 2 07:50:06 EDT 2003

Hi Folks-

I want to eliminate vtkVoidArray as a subclass of vtkDataArray. It's broken
anyway---the CopyTuple (and any tuple-related methods) do not work or are
empty. The TemplateMacros also ignore vtkVoidArray. Pretty much
vtkVoidArray is not used anywhere and just confuses users.

I want to leave the class in VTK (since I have finally found a use for it),
but I want it to be more like vtkIdList --- a special class to hold lists
of pointers, but not for data processing in the pipeline.

Stop me now I'm actually coding again and I'm not inclined to take it slow :-)

Will