[vtk-developers] bug with vtkpython and plane widget

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Sat Jan 25 23:24:13 EST 2003

Hi,

    MH> Here's a strange one.  The following code is basically a
    MH> faithful translation of the ProbingWithPlaneWidget.tcl example
    MH> into python.  I find that under a fairly recent CVS checkout

Just FYI, GUI/Python also has a faithful translation of the Tcl
example.

    MH> of vtk (maybe within a week), if I drag one of the corners of
    MH> the widget's plane outside of the window and move slowly, or
    MH> release and then try to move around in the window again, the
    MH> process will hang briefly and then the plane will disappear
    MH> (GetPoint1 and GetPoint2 return NaN,NaN,NaN, but the origin
    MH> looks okay).

I am unable to reproduce it under Linux.  Both your example and the
one in CVS seem to work fine.

$ python -c "import vtk; print vtk.vtkVersion().GetVTKSourceVersion()"
vtk version 4.1.1, vtk source $Revision: 1.1462 $, $Date: 2003/01/16 03:45:10 $ (GMT)

cheers,
prabhu