[vtk-developers] Where did my text go?

Sebastien BARRE sebastien.barre at kitware.com
Sun Jan 19 14:41:21 EST 2003

At 1/19/2003 01:48 PM, Bill Lorensen wrote:
>I think the problem has to do with the changes made in revision 1.19 that
>replaces the 3d positioning calls with 2d calls. i think ypu (Sebastien)
>made those changes.

Yes, I (actually we, since it required more brainpower than just mine at
the time we had the problem) made that change because some users were
noticing strange text rendering behaviour on some cards. I could not
reproduce the problem, until Bill Hoffman bought a new Nvdia card, and then
it looked quite obvious that something was wrong. We had a look at the
projection matrix, and figured out that change. Now if Yves' changes solve
the remaining problem, that's good, otherwise I'm not really willing to go
back to the old code since we are so close to a VTK release. Just my
opinion tho.

--
Sebastien Barre