[vtk-developers] Text problems with vtkWindowToImageFilter::SetMagnification

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Sun Jan 19 04:21:37 EST 2003

hi,

I just discovered a problem with text rendering when the
vtkWindowToImageFilter is used with a magnification > 1.  This also
occurs when a vtkRenderLargeImage is used.  The problem is
particularly bad with the vtkCubeAxesActor2D where pretty much nothing
shows up correctly.  I also tested with a simple vtkTextActor.  This
does show up but the position naturally changes when the image is
scaled up.  Is this incorrect behaviour or to be expected?  If so what
should be done about it?  It looks like the CubeAxesActor does not
scale up properly along with the other actors.  This is a problem when
high res pictures are desired.

I've attached a Python script that is adapted from
Examples/Python/Rendering/RenderLargeImage.py that demonstrates the
problem for the vtkCubeAxesActor and also with a vtkTextActor.

I'm using:

vtk version 4.1.1, vtk source $Revision: 1.1462 $, $Date: 2003/01/16 03:45:10 $ (GMT)

I am not sure if this is fixed or is even related to Bill's error
report a little earlier.

Thanks.

prabhu