[vtk-developers] VTK containers are gone; long live VTK conta iners

Miller, James V (Research) millerjv at crd.ge.com
Tue Jan 7 13:34:03 EST 2003

Have we gotten around the difficulties of having STL containers in DLLs?

I thought there were issues with having multiple DLLs having the
same instantiation of the certain STL containers (list, deque, map, queue)
due to various static members and Microsoft's "rules" for whose static
members get used when...

I was under the impression that this impacted not only the ability to
export STL instantiations but also to export classes that had STL
instantiations as data members.

Also, does this affect the various vtk*Collection classes?