[vtk-developers] problem with Python wrapping of AddArray/RemoveArray

Charl P. Botha c.p.botha at its.tudelft.nl
Thu Feb 6 09:39:30 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-02-06 at 15:28, David Gobbi wrote:
> It's not wrapped because it is a protected method.
>
> On 6 Feb 2003, Charl P. Botha wrote:
>
> > My colleague has discovered interesting behaviour in the Python wrapping
> > of the AddArray/RemoveArray vtkFieldData (and children) method.
> >
> > Is there a reason why the RemoveArray(int i) method is NOT wrapped
> > whilst the RemoveArray(const char *name) is?  This makes the removal of
> > unnamed arrays somewhat convoluted.

Thanks for the quick answers David and Berk.  I didn't notice that it
was in the protected section, and thus is not the fault of the Python
wrapping!  Berk, thanks for the explanation on why RemoveArray(int i)
should be protected.

The only remaining issue is then why AddArray() returns the index of the
added array instead of just a boolean indicating success.

Thanks,
Charl