[vtk-developers] vtkProcessObject::GetNumberOfRequiredInputs()

David Gobbi dgobbi at imaging.robarts.ca
Wed Dec 10 15:29:13 EST 2003

Hi Andrew,

Nope, we're not making a drag-and-drop interface, in fact we're making
a plugin interface but drag-and-drop seemed like a better way to explain
the issue of needing to know the number of required inputs ahead of time,
"filters as components" is a very good description.

The plugin interface I'm developing uses Python, which allows me to easily
probe a filter at runtime to see what methods are available and even to
provide a description (in English) of the filter to the user.  The
NumberOfRequiredInputs was the only important piece of info I couldn't
probe.  XML is a good idea too, I'm sure that the guys at Kitware have
already done some work in that direction.

 - David