[vtk-developers] ARB - feature addition

John Biddiscombe john.biddiscombe at mirada-solutions.com
Wed Dec 10 08:59:22 EST 2003

Dean,

I also have a fairly primitive transfer function widget, which consists
of a modified spline widget (constrained to a plane and straight lines
only - so really just a polyline - should really be a common base class
for this), in addition a vtkPolyDataBarChartGenerator which takes an
imagedata as input (internally uses vtkimageAccumulator to generate a
histogram). The spline control points can be moved around (over the bar
chart) to vary the opacity/position and when right clicked the user can
capture a callback (observer command etc) and pop up a colour dialog box
which the user is expected to return an RGB value from. The Bar chart is
coloured according to the user colour and its really not bad, though
very simple and a trifle clunky.

I'm glad to say that my employer has given me the go ahead to commit
some things to the repository, so perhaps we could combine our efforts
on the transfer function widget.

Unfortunately, mine can't be used without quite a lot of crufty glue
logic in the app yet, so I can't commit a working demo until I've done a
bit of tidying up.

Any thoughts?

JB

  _____

John Biddiscombe
Senior Software Engineer
Mirada Solutions (a division of CTI Molecular Imaging Inc.)
Level 1, 23-38 Hythe Bridge Street, Oxford, OX1 2ET, UK
Tel (direct):
+44 (0)1865 265 547
Tel (switch):
+44 (0)1865 265 500